We’ve been hearing from spiritual leaders and Jesus-followers all across Canada that they’re weary. For so many, the pandemic and the difficulties of this present moment in Canada have simply caused the reservoir to go dry. Pastors, planters, priests, and ministry leaders give so much of their time offering a meal to others, they often miss the invitation to pull up a chair.
There’s hidden goodness in these disillusioning days when we slow down and come to the table from all the nooks and crannies, cities and towns and coast-to-coast here in Canada.
That’s why this Spring we’re having a feast and we’re setting the Table just for you.
Come restless, come weary, come joyful, come energized. What you need, someone will pass to you over this communal meal, and what you bring someone else will need. Find kinship in this beloved community longing to see the restoration and renewal of all things here in Canada.
We’ve saved a seat at the Table for you, would you join us? (and there is an online version available, too!)
Who is this event for?
The Table is being set for Pastors, Priests, Church Planters, Ministry Leaders, Academics, Artists, Poets, Neighbourhood Catalysts and Jesus-followers from any tradition who are longing for an oasis and a fresh feast in these difficult times of ministry and life here in Canada.
What to expect:
- Solidarity with others on the journey and kinship with other like-minded Jesus-followers from all across Canada
- Personal and communal practices that will centre us on Jesus, offering bread and wine for the journey, giving sustenance to our weary souls and bodies.
- Explorations and collective conversations to help frame and build a vision for ministry and faithfulness to Jesus in this tumultuous moment.
- Theological reflections on our current cultural moment in Canada, void of empty platitudes or a five-step plan
- Conversations about soul care, spiritual awakening, and creative renewal.
- Contemplative, experimental, practice-based, honest, but relentlessly hope-filled.
- Opportunities to process the pain and the possibilities of our current moment as the church in Canada.
- One heck of a good party, because it’s been too long and there is much we can celebrate together!