Facilitator: Betty Pries
The goal of this workshop is to:
a) introduce participants to a mediation style that purposefully shifts according to the needs expressed by the clients;
b) invite participants to reimagine the types of questions mediators ask to expand the potential of transforming conflict;
c) draw from the interior condition of the mediator to invite participants to bring their best selves to the table.
Key themes addressed in this workshop:
- A mediation model that draws from a spectrum of existing mediation styles (transformative, narrative, evaluative, etc.) to intentionally shift with the needs of the clients;
- Mindfulness practices that encourage presence and deep listening;
- The “both-and” of conflict technician and conflict healing work – exploring the questions and statements posed within mediation sessions to allow both to occur;
- Self-reflection regarding one’s own interior condition and teaching about how this space becomes a resource for awakening the best in participants;
- Opportunities to practice mediation and receive feedback from experienced mediators.