This workshop is suitable for anyone involved in a leadership role in a congregation, and is not limited to pastoral staff, in fact bringing some key lay leaders may be beneficial to some congregations.
Frequently we hear that people resist change. Does this have to be true? Could we find ways of engaging change, transformation and renewal that energizes the church while allowing the church to live more fully into the future to which God calling forth? This workshop explores the dynamics of leading change as well as drawing from both the congregational life cycle and the rhythms of the journey of renewal.
This is recognized as a required course for those pursuing the Certificate in Conflict Management and Congregational Leadership.
Participants come with questions such as:
- How do we bring diverse views together?
- What is the role of the Church in secular society?
- How does leadership change something in motion?
- Can you renew without change?
- How can we move from maintenance to mission?
- How to manage “resisters” actively sabotaging change?
- How can we move past “Stuck” and start to tell a new story?