“Take care how you listen.”
Emmaus is a place, an environment, a culture where spiritual growth occurs. Together we are learning disciplines, habits and rhythms that give honor and time to the consistent, incremental, hidden working of the Holy Spirit. In Emmaus, we are learning to listen with care; to listen deeply to the Word of God and to the voice of Jesus in our midst. We are learning to pay attention to one another and to the stirrings of our own hearts.
The equipping of leaders that we do during the Emmaus Certificate in Formational Leadership cannot be done in a hurried fashion. This task requires a drawing apart from the normal pressures of life and ministry. It requires discerning what to look and listen for, while discovering how to pay attention more deeply to the works and ways of God.
Emmaus is not the kind of certificate program that ends with files of notes. It is not for those who simply need more information (important though that may be in its own place). Our program is designed around the spiritual development and growth toward maturity in Christ of our participants. It is for leaders who recognize their own need for growth in the Lord as they desire to lead others on a similar journey.
Is Emmaus right for me?
Emmaus is for all those…
- Who want to learn more about Biblical spiritual formation and how it is relevant for the Church today
- Who long to discern the transforming work of the Holy Spirit in their own heart and life
- Who desire to experience how the children of God mature into the likeness of Jesus
- Who are tasked with the soul care of others
- Who have a calling and a desire to be entrusted with the spiritual development of believers
- Who are accompanying someone on their spiritual formation journey