Transform Your Ministry in Just One Year with Theologically-Sound Training & Leadership Development
From preaching and teaching to providing pastoral care or designing worship, faith leaders, like you, serve their congregations in various roles. Often, you do so without the theological background or seminary degrees your colleagues may have. With the School for Lay Ministry, you’ll embark on a transformative year-long journey empowering you to lead with excellence, recognizing the vital role you play in a lay-led, clergy-support ministry model.
Do any of these describe you:
- You’ve recently been asked to or have taken up a leadership role in your congregation,
- You’ve been entrusted with giving sermons, teaching Sunday School, or leading adult education,
- You desire to be a faithful disciple who can help form other disciples,
- or, you simply yearn to deepen your faith?
Then the School for Lay Ministry is tailor-made for you!
Whether you hold a formal position within your congregation or simply have a burning passion for leadership, our School for Lay Ministry provides a unique opportunity for peer-based learning while emphasizing your pivotal role as pastoral caregivers.
What Will You Learn?
Throughout the year, you’ll embark on an enriching journey covering a wide range of topics, including:
- Crafting impactful sermons from basic exegesis to the hermeneutical circle.
- Mastering pastoral ministry and effective congregational leadership.
- Navigating spirituality in the digital age.
- Delivering compassionate and meaningful funeral sermons.
- Exploring biblical chronology, from the Pentateuch to the matriarchs and patriarchs.
- Discovering the intricacies of Church history, American Christianity, and rural ministry.
And that’s just the beginning! We’re proud to share that our School for Lay Ministry is entering its 12th year, building upon the success of 2022, with several past students achieving ordination as a testament to its effectiveness.
you’ll emerge from the School for Lay Ministry as a well-rounded disciple and leader ready to impact your congregation and community loving and leading in the way of Jesus. Connect with God on a deeper level and learn innovative ways to share the story of Jesus, all within a supportive community. Together, we’ll cultivate relationships that offer unwavering support as you champion justice and adapt ministry models for the modern world.
How Does It Work?
Each month, you’ll take courses online, then meet together with your cohort and community facilitator to process what you’ve learned and put it into practice.