Master of Theological Studies degree
for theological engagement and leadership in a variety of settings and a solid foundation for further study in Theology.
– online available
– new program mode includes convenient, two-day timetable and distance learning option
– over 150 years of excellence in theological education
– ability to specialize in one of seven areas of concentration
– Special student application also available for those wishing to take an individual course but not the degree.
Fall term: September 9, 2020 through December 22, 2020
Winter term: January 4, 2021 through April 30, 2021
The Master of Theological Studies program will prepare you for theological engagement and leadership in a variety of settings – and can also provide a good foundation for further study in Theology. You will develop a solid scholarly grounding in the core theological disciplines, as well as knowledge and skills within a particular practical or academic concentration, including Islamic Studies. Students of all denominations and faith traditions are welcome in this program.
The Quick Facts
- The MTS is a two-year, post-baccalaureate, professional undergraduate degree to prepare you for public leadership or further study.
- The program may be taken full-time or part-time; however, the maximum duration of the degree is four years.
- The degree is granted by Western University and accredited by the Association of Theological Schools; we are pleased to welcome students from any denomination or faith tradition.
- Areas of concentration include Biblical Studies, Islamic Studies, Theology and Ethics, Comparative Religion and Theology, Congregational Ministry, Pastoral Care, and Public Service