Deepen your knowledge of faith with each course your complete in this pre-degree diploma program. Courses in the LTh program are also available individually to lay people and clergy, outside the LTh stream.
By entering into agreements with other theological educational institutions, Huron has ensured that students across Canada, and across denominational traditions, will have a full range of course options. This is a pre-degree diploma program intended for those who take seriously a call to Ministry while recognizing that “Ministry” is manifested in many diverse yet equal ways. For example, the LTh may be:
- for your personal development,
- to deepen your knowledge for discipleship, or
- for those contemplating Ordained Ministry, or
- for those preparing for Diaconal Ministry, or
- for those already engaged in Ministry who are seeking to complement their education.
A total of 16 courses, with an overall average of 65%, will be needed for successful completion of the LTh. The courses will usually run for 6 weeks at 2-3 contact hours per week; however, on-line and intensive courses will also be offered.
Of the 16 courses, you will need to complete:
- 2 in the core area of Theological Studies
- 2 in the core area of Sacred Texts
- 2 in the core area of History of Religion
- 10 Electives
Admission Requirement: Applicants must hold a secondary school graduation diploma or equivalent.