“Thank you for providing leadership yet also leaving enough room for participants to engage with each other and their own work. A wonderful experience.” Past Participant
Community of Writers returns with an invitation to writers who want to work independently, in a community designed to support writers.
Scholarships for Young Writers!
Between 18 and 25? You can apply for a scholarship for up to $500 towards the cost of a writing program.
Applications include all of these:
- a reference letter from a teacher or mentor
- a sample of your writing, published or unpublished (up to 800 words)
- a paragraph to say how this scholarship would make a difference to you, both creatively and financially (up to 200 words)
- the name of the workshop you want to attend
- your name, address, and birth date
Submit your application electronically in the body of your email (no attachments) to [email protected]. The deadline date is June 26th.
Scholarships are awarded by a jury. You will be notified of the jury’s decision by July 20th.
Program Cost: $660 (tuition, meals & accommodation – private room $50 extra)
Local Price: $460 (without overnight)
Please register at least 2 weeks in advance to secure your place in this program.
Gwen Davies writes fiction, teaches writing, and runs the Tatamagouche Independent Writing Retreat. In 2013 she won The Antigonish Review Sheldon Currie Fiction Contest and was published in Apogee Magazine. She is active in the writing community. She is also a plain language specialist, translating ‘English’ to usable English.