Knitting & Quilting Retreat
Master knitting and quilting techniques on a weekend escape
January 17th– 20th, 2019
The perfect weekend escape for knitters and quilters of every ability level, Kanuga’s Knitting and Quilting Retreat offers participants chances to make various projects showcasing different sewing techniques.
About the Retreat
Knitters and quilters can choose a project to work on during this three-day retreat. Projects will be offered for beginning to advanced knitters and beginning to intermediate quilters. You are also welcome to bring your own project to work on. In addition to daily classes, there will be get-togethers by the fire, time for hiking to scenic mountain overlooks, and visiting area yarn and quilting shops.
For full project details and pictures, click here.
Varian Brandon: Through the years, I have been surrounded by incredibly talented women. Among them, my great grandmother, my grandmother, my mother and a wonderful woman who taught me to knit when I was eight. As the spark of creating grew, I explored classes, read books and tried various techniques with yarn and needles. In spite of this dabbling across the knitting spectrum, I always seem to come back to Fair Isle and Aran designs, due in part to my first trip to Shetland and the Outer Hebrides where I took classes with both Alice Starmore and Kaffe Fassette. Now, after an undergraduate degree in architecture, a graduate degree in communication and several years working in those two disciplines, I am able to put yarn, color and design together full time. My world is filled with colorful yarn and charting software.
Optional Early Arrival: Wednesday, January 16, 2019
Optional Stay Over: Sunday, January 20, 2019
We look forward to your stay at Kanuga! Please don’t hesitate to contact the registrar, Richmond Jones, if you have questions regarding registration, lodging or meals. Richmond can be reached via email or at 828-233-2745. You may complete the online registration by clicking on the “Start Your Registration” button above.
Lodging options at Kanuga:
- Double occupancy (Shared Bedroom): $630 ($568 Early Bird rate – expires 11/9/18)
- When making lodging reservations for double occupancy, you will have the opportunity to list the names of potential roommate(s), or one will be chosen for you if you don’t have anyone specific in mind.
- Single occupancy (Private Bedroom): $775 ($698 Early Bird rate – expires 11/9/18)
- Commuter (Non-Resident): $360 ($325 Early Bird rate – expires 11/9/18)
- No lodging on Kanuga property. The commuter rate includes a facility day-use fee, and lunch. Additional meals available at the reception desk during your stay.
- Non participating Guest (Double occupancy – Shared bedroom): $420 ($379 Early Bird rate – expires 11/9/18)
- Early Arrival (January 16, 2019): $80
- We will do our best to house you in your requested accommodation, but this is not guaranteed.
- Stay Over (night of January 20, 2019): $80
Payment and Cancellations:
A deposit of $100.00 is required at the time of registration. We accept VISA, MasterCard, Discover, American Express and Echeck.
Cancellations and refunds are provided in a tiered system based on proximity to the event start date. Any cancellation made at least three weeks (21 days – December 28, 2018) before the event start date will result in the forfeiture of the $100.00 deposit and a refund of any remaining balance. Cancellations made 20-15 days (December 29, 2018 – Jan 3, 2019) before the event start date will result in the forfeiture of the $100.00 deposit and receive a 50% refund of any remaining balance. Cancellations made 14-8 days (Jan 4 – January 10, 2019) before the event start date will result in the forfeiture of the $100.00 deposit. You will then receive a 25% refund of any remaining balance. Cancellations made within 7 days (Beginning January 10, 2019) of the event start date are not eligible for a refund.
In the event of a cancellation, notice must be sent to Richmond Jones in writing either via fax (828) 696-3589 or via email.
Check-in is at 4 p.m. Check-Out is at 10 a.m.