Guided Retreat: The Real Christmas Story
The Real Christmas Story
The four gospel writers have different approaches to describing the birth of Jesus:
- Matthew tells the story from Joseph’s point of view
- and Luke from Mary’s perspective.
- John offers a profound and beautiful theological reflection on the meaning of Jesus’ birth,
- and Mark neglects to tell the story at all.
Why is this? In this retreat we will look at what underlies these differences and how the perspective of each gospel writer interacts with our own faith stories.
Led by Sr. Constance Joanna Gefvert, SSJD, Vocations Coordinator for SSJD, Honorary Associate priest at St. George on Yonge Anglican Church, and adjunct faculty member at Wycliffe College.
- Wednesday, December 23 – Saturday, December 26, 2015
- Arrivals and registration 2 – 4 pm Wednesday; ends after breakfast Saturday.
- Special holiday rate of $220 for this three-day retreat; deposit $50.
- Registration deadline: December 16, 2015.
- Registration here »