Are you stepping into unfamiliar territory where you must supervise others, or have you been supervising for some time without a clear understanding of what you’re going? Supervision, especially in a faith-based environment, requires learning new skills — probably skills you did not learn in seminary!
Join foremost church organization Susan Beaumont live for this 6-week course to learn practical skills and tools for supervising the work of others, and aligning the work of the team with the overall goals of the congregation. Mondays 10 am to noon (EDT) from Nov 9 through Dec 14, live online.
What you’ll learn:
- What supervision and performance management really mean—especially in a faith-based context
- How covenantal and employment relationships inform one another in practical ways
- Strategies for creating job descriptions that include clear expectations and accountability
- Three types of feedback conversations and when to use them: the daily check-in, the quarterly goals update and the annual performance appraisal
- How to make the right hiring decision the first time—so that managing becomes easier
- What it takes to design and implement performance goals that motivate
- The right way to deal with a chronic under performer
- How to implement a process of progressive discipline from performance improvement plan to termination