August 19-20, 2014 Stepping Up to Staffing and Supervision—An Alban Institute Workshop Leadership
Are you stepping into unfamiliar territory where you must supervise others, or have you been supervising others for some time without a clear understanding of what you are doing? Supervision, especially in a faith-based environment, requires learning new skills—probably skills you did not learn during your professional formation. This event provides you with practical skills and tools for supervising the work of others, and aligning the work of the team with the overall goals of the congregation.
What will you learn?
- Managing the difference between covenantal and employment relationships
- Creating a cycle of performance management for your staff team
- Setting performance expectations through job descriptions and goal setting
- Using behavioral-based interviewing techniques to get the right people on your team
- Providing effective feedback and conducting performance appraisals
- Dealing with chronic under-performance and learning how to let an employee go
Contact Hours: 12
Class Times: 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Susan Beaumont, Senior Consultant, Alban Institute