A weekend refresher course in Spanish where small groups practice skills through structured oral activities and informal conversation. For the beginning refresher we encourage students with one year of Spanish study. The program is intensive, with morning, afternoon, evening sessions from Friday evening until Sunday afternoon. Take advantage of the weekend refresher to prepare to join us if you can for the regular summer intensive course!
From the instructors:
Bienvenidos al curso de español. Welcome to the Spanish course.
Sharon and Margo are happy to invite you to be a part of our varied offerings of Spanish classes in 2013. Whether you attend a weekend session or the 2-week program, the intensive nature of the language experience will stimulate your abilities in Spanish. The intent of the weekend sessions to refresh your grammatical knowledge and provide occasions for practice. The 2-week program will accomplish the same, and-withthe extended time-will increase your comfort level in Spanish, and offer more cultural and linguistic opportunities.
Each of the weekend sessions is geared to one level-beginner or intermediate. During the 2-week program, students are placed in small groups according to their level, from beginner (with previous study) to advanced. The small groups meet for three hours in the morning and for shorter session in the afternoon. The evenings are devoted to cultural activities with the entire group. Our focus is always communication in Spanish. This entails practice with grammatical structures, vocabulary, and conversation. We employ: games, role-play, theme-based discussion, practice exercises, readings, film, speakers, and music.
We can’t promise that you will speak like a native after this course, but you will make progress! We work hard and we have fun!
“Poco a poco se llega a Roma.” OR “Slow and steady wins the race.”
- “The leadership, materials, and presentation were excellent and provided for a very pleasing experience.”
- “Excellent instructors, good immersion!”
- “Everything was well-organized.”
- “Timing of our day was good and the teachers were the very best. High quality.
- “I learned so much!”
Need more info? Call us at (505) 685 – 4333 ext 4152
Three ways to register:
- Download printable registration form and mail to: Ghost Ranch Registrar, HC77 Box 11, Abiquiu, NM 87510. OR scan and email your completed form to: [email protected]
- Register by telephone at 877-804-4678, extension 4152 or 4155 — available Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:45 p.m. MST.