About this Event
Now more than ever, small groups are a cornerstone of the church. In the first few hundred years of the church, small groups were the way in which the church gathered and disciples were formed. People would meet in homes for fellowship, share how they connected scripture to their lives, and grow spiritually with one another. Now, like then, small groups are crucial to the development and maturity of believers. And, strong small groups start with strong small group leaders.
In this six-week online learning cohort, you will:
• Explore what is a small group
• Learn the educational theory that informs how we build disciples through small groups
• Review strategies and tips for effective leadership of small groups
• Discuss the role of the community in supporting small group ministry
• Develop a curriculum for small group ministry within your context
This cohort will be guided by experienced curriculum developers and facilitator trainers drawn from the VTS faculty and staff.
This event is brought to you by the department of Lifelong Learning at Virginia Theological Seminary
Have questions? Email [email protected].