February 18 (Ash Wednesday) – April 3 (Good Friday)
Led by Contemplative Outreach
Guatemala 5 (Vulture and Dove), 1957
© William G. Congdon Foundation, Milan
I will lead her into the desert and speak to her heart.
– Hosea 2: 16
The purpose of our historical lifetime is to provide us with space for the upward journey of evolution into vertical time and our assimilation of the eternal values that Christ brought into the world. This journey consists of everything from great touches of God (consolations) to the Dark Nights. It is a journey of purification into illumination and understanding, and further into contemplation and union. Becoming familiar with — and reminded of — the map or signposts of the journey is very useful and reassuring to keep making the various consents along the way.
This 40-day journey will explore these traditional signposts of the spiritual journey, including the Dark Nights, with new teachings by Fr. Thomas Keating. It will consist of a combination of email, video and audio teachings, as well as the opportunity to share and connect with others in the online Practice Circle.
You can expect:
• Email teachings will be sent on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, starting on Ash Wednesday.
• Teachings will be excerpted from the Spiritual Journey DVD series, previously unpublished interviews of Fr. Thomas, and new audio teachings with Fr. Thomas recorded especially for this retreat.
– A special invitation to participate in the United in Prayer Day on March 21, either through local groups and events and/or a 24-hour, worldwide virtual prayer vigil.
– A contemplative engagement with scripture and the liturgical themes of Lent as a way of seeing, listening, reflecting, and then living the great themes of Lent in your own life.
– Access to the online Practice Circle, open 24/7, to share the Lenten journey with a worldwide community.
To register for this e-course as part of our year-long program “The Way of Silence,” click here.
To register for only this e-course at this time, click on the “Subscribe to E-Course” button below.
February 18 – April 3, 2015
6 CEHs for chaplains available.