Quiet Saturday 2015: Praying with the Women Mystics
Praying with the Women Mystics
Throughout Christian history, many women have enriched the life and mission of the universal church by sharing their experience of God.
We will reflect on the lives and spirituality of such women as
- Hildegard of Bingen (12th century German),
- Julian of Norwich (14th century English),
- Teresa of Avila (16th century Spanish), and
- Anne Hutchinson (17th century American),
and consider how they can enhance the spiritual life of ordinary Christians and help to restore a contemplative dimension to the contemporary church.
Led by Sr. Constance Joanna Gefvert, SSJD – Vocations Coordinator for SSJD, Honorary Associate priest at St. George on Yonge Anglican Church and adjunct faculty member at Wycliffe College.
- Saturday September 19, 2015
- Begins 9:30 am with a gathering for coffee; ends 4 pm.
- Fee $25 ($15 for Associates and Oblates) if you bring a bag lunch. A hot meal is an additional $15.
- Registration deadline: Registrations must be RECEIVED by September 1, 2015
- Registration here »