October 7 -8, 2015 Narrative Lectionary Workdays—Christmas Through Spring 2016: The Gospel of Mark
From Christmas 2015 through spring 2016, the Narrative Lectionary will be based on the Gospel of Mark. The workdays are designed for those using the Narrative Lectionary this year. Sessions include:
- An introduction to the unique themes of the Gospel of Mark
- Presentations covering weekly texts from Christmas 2015 through spring 2016
- Preaching narrative texts
- Resources for the Narrative Lectionary (particularly related to the Gospel of Mark)
Those new to the Narrative Lectionary are encouraged to register for this class. You will be provided with a link to videos introducing the Narrative Lectionary and preaching narrative texts. This course will not be webcast or recorded.
Contact Hours: 6
Class Times: Wednesday, 1:30-5 p.m. Thursday, 8:30-11:30 a.m.
- Rolf Jacobson, Associate Professor of Old Testament, Luther Seminary
- Craig Koester, Interim Academic Dean, Asher O. and Carrie Nasby Professor of New Testament, Luther Seminary