Lenten Quiet Day: Life, Death and Resurrection
Saturday, March 9, 2019
Inspired by the archetypal themes of Lent, we will explore their meaning in reflection, poetry and meditation. Bring a journal.
Led by Bishop Riscylla Shaw who lives, works and plays in the beautiful Trent-Durham Area of the Diocese of Toronto. She is always seeking the work of the Spirit of God in our midst and she loves to hear people’s experiences and to share stories of faith journeys and Holy Spirit moments.
- Begins 9:30 am with a gathering for coffee; ends 4 pm.
- Fee: $30 if you bring a bag lunch ($25 for Associates and Oblates) A hot meal is an additional $15
- Registration deadline: March 2, 2019
- Registration here »
- All retreats and quiet days at St. John’s Convent take place in the milieu of a contemporary monastic community which has a daily rhythm of prayer. All guests are invited to take part in the daily Eucharist, and those staying overnight may like to join us in the Divine Office (Morning Prayer, Evening Prayer, and Compline).
- See the regular chapel and meal schedule here »