April 20-22, 2015 Learning and Living God’s Story: A Journey through Scripture
This course will take participants on a whirlwind tour through Scripture, guided by the Bible faculty at Luther Seminary. Beginning in Genesis and ending in Revelation, this journey will touch on major biblical books and themes along the way. In the spirit of the Food Network program, “The Best Thing I Ever Ate,” each faculty member will talk about a biblical book that he or she particularly loves and why that book is essential for pastoral ministry and the life of faith. For the final session, all instructors will gather to reflect together how Scripture can shape the lives and imaginations of people so that they might faithfully learn and live God’s story.
Contact Hours: 15
Class Times: Monday, 1-5:30 p.m. Tuesday-Wednesday, 8:00 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
- Eric Barreto, Associate Professor of New Testament
- Michael Chan, Assistant Professor of Old Testament
- Cameron Howard, Assistant Professor of Old Testament
- Rolf Jacobson, Associate Professor of Old Testament
- Craig Koester, Asher O. and Carrie Nasby Professor of New Testament
- Kathryn Schifferdecker, Associate Professor of Old Testament
- Matt Skinner, Associate Professor of New Testament
- Mark Throntveit, Elva B. Lovell Professor of Old Testament