Nov. 15-18, 2016:
Leading Well Learning Retreat
Join us for a four-day training experience for pastors, diaconal ministers and church leaders that offers practical learning, Sabbath rest and collegial support.
- Refine your capacity to work effectively with staff and volunteers.
- Explore your gifts, strengths and values, and their implications for how you lead.
- Practice what it means for you to live and lead well.
- Learn ways to interpret your ministry context.
- Take time for worship, prayer, rest and fellowship.
Who would benefit from this experience?
- Pastors who lead a ministry staff team.
- Diaconal ministers and program staff who work with paid and volunteer team members.
- Diaconal and health ministers serving congregations to support wellness ministry initiatives.
- Those who are newly called to lead a ministry team and are interested in sharpening their leadership skills.
- Judicatory leaders seeking to support congregations in developing healthy cultures and systems.
Retreat is from Tuesday 12 noon to Friday 11:30am
- Leading Well: What is my vision?
- Forming Leadership in Context
- Building Great Teams That Get Results
- Living into God’s Preferred Future: A Spirit-driven Approach to Strategic Planning
- Embracing Conflict as Opportunity
- I-Opt Advance Leadership Report
- Technology Tools for Ministry
- Leadership Formation Plan
Leading Well Facilitators:
- Dick Bruesehoff, Retreat Hosts | Spiritual Director
- Naomi Bruesehoff, Hospitality Coordinator
- Tammy Devine, Facilitator, Worship Leader, Chaplain & Spirituality Coach
- Paul Friesen-Carper, Musician & Worship Leader
- Jim LaDoux, Facilitator & Coach
- Matthew Short, Worship Leader & Chaplain
Costs & What’s Included:
Costs below include tuition for the event plus 3 nights and 9 meals.
Individual registration costs are:
- $790 for individual registration (double occupancy)
- $910 for individual registration (private room-very limited, reserved for medical needs)
- $590 for individual registration (commuter rate)
- $0 for individual registration (Siebert Grant recipient – double occupancy)
- $120 for individual registration (Siebert Grant recipient – private room)
- $390 for individual registration (non-participating spouse)
For most participants, a $100 deposit will be taken as part of initial registration process.
Participants will receive an invoice for the remaining balance which is due no later than September 1, 2016.
Registration for this retreat is handled at: https://leadingwellaz2016.eventbrite.com or call Vibrant Faith at (877) 239-2492. However, if you need extra nights lodging before/after the workshop, please contact the Spirit in the Desert directly at 480.488.5218 or [email protected].