Sat, Nov 22 – 3pm
Mon, Nov 24 – 12pm
A Year Long ELCA Wellness Experience for Bishops
Opening retreat: November 22-24, 2014
Begins 3pm on 11/22, ends with lunch on 11/24
Closing retreat: November 21-23, 2015
Begins 3pm on 11/21, ends with lunch on 11/22
Journey of Renewal combines retreats and small group telephonic coaching to help participants:
- Explore their strengths, core values, and God’s plan for them.
- Create a personal direction statement that articulates their goals for the year-long experience.
- Create a personal wellness plan that supports them as they live out their call to be a whole person of God.
Usually offered to ELCA rostered leaders and churchworkers, this special experience is exclusively for Bishops of the ELCA who feel the need to reconnect and recommit to their ministries. So ask yourself these questions:
- Am I stewarding all my gifts — including mind, body, spirit, possessions, relationships, and time — in a way that allows me to live a centered life?
- Is my health being sacrificed in order to serve others?
- Do I need to reconnect with myself, God, and my colleagues?
- Do I need to re-center my life and recommit to my ministry?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then Journey of Renewal may be a good fit for you.
Journey of Renewal is a Three-part Experience over the course of one year, where participants explore, reflect, and take action toward renewing their well-being in all areas of their lives and ministries.
- Opening retreat. About 25 participants start their year-long experience by attending a two-day retreat involving worship, learning, prayer, and connection. While there, they’re encouraged to further discover their strengths and core values, identify those in their lives who could support them during the year, and begin working on a personaldirection statement and wellness plan.
- Ten months of telephonic, hour-long, small-group coaching calls. Small groups (about 5 people) participate in monthly coaching calls where they learn from and are supported by one another and a professional coach, who is an ELCA pastor.Each month, the group begins the call by practicing a different spiritual discipline. They discuss their reflections, joys, and struggles, and the coach introduces a new idea or concept that builds upon the prior month. Between calls, participants are invited to reflect on the new focus and use tools, resources, and exercises to further their wellness plan.
- Journey of Renewal concludes with a final two-day retreat focused on sustaining accomplishments realized and living forward as a new creation in Christ.
Costs & Registration:
$1760 per person which includes the entire year, private lodging, meals and the Journey of Renewal experience. This Bishop’s retreat is limited to 25 participants.
Payment options are: ½ down-$880 with registration. The balance of $880 to be paid no later than October 20, 2014. You can register and pay online with your credit card. NOTE: the name on the credit card must match the name of the person registering. If not or if you are sending a check or need other payment arrangements, please call Cyndy Warnier at (480) 488-5218.
*The $1760 fee does not cover travel to/from Spirit in the Desert Retreat Center.