|Duration:||23 March until 1st April 2020 (International participants to arrive on the 22nd March)|
|Location:||Cape Town, South Africa|
|Language of facilitation:||English|
|Closing date for applications:||10 February 2020|
|Course fee:||USD 1,200 (include workshop accommodation, meals, training material, transport and all excursions related to the course)|
The Institute for the Healing of Memories seeks to contribute to the healing journey of individuals, communities and nations. Our work is grounded in the belief that we are all in need of healing because of what we have done, what we have failed to do, and what has been done to us.
Specifically, the course aims to introduce participants to
- The Healing of Memories healing process and methodology.
- The fundamentals of Healing of Memories practice.
- An Introduction to the philosophy and work of the Institute of the Healing of memories.
- Participating in a Healing of Memories workshop and the second phase of the Workshop: Dealing with Anger, Overcoming hatred and Struggling with forgiveness.
- Healing of Memories pedagogy and praxis with special reference to people living with HIV/AIDS, people in prisons, refugees and post-war trauma.
- Explore themes of forgiveness, reconciliation and torture
- Visiting a local community and explore models of community healing.
Fr. Michael Lapsley, founding member and Director of the IHOM and Fatima Swartz will be the leading facilitator on the course.
IHOM facilitators take a participatory approach, emphasizing experiential learning. In addition to the full-time tutors, resource specialists from external institutions will conduct sessions on particular topics.
The course is open to participants of all faith traditions, ideologies, cultures and sexual orientation. If you have special needs that you fear may affect your participation please let us know. Every effort will be made to accommodate these needs.
A non-refundable deposit of US$ 500 is required to secure a place upon acceptance.
Fees must be paid in full one month before the start of the course. The cancellation fee of 25% is applicable up to 2 weeks before and thereafter will be 75%.
We suggest participants should allow US$ 250 to cover personal expenses within South Africa and need to arrange their own medical insurance.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure they have all necessary funds before travelling to South Africa.