On Ghost Ranch’s holy ground you can begin exploring the particular skills required in this ministry and the personal traits and commitments which make one effective in interim ministry.
There will be time for discerning your call to this ministry. Intentional interim/transitional ministry is a recognized specialty in the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) and sister denominations. Presbyteries and similar governing bodies increasingly encourage congregations to utilize trained specialists typically for 1½ to 2 years before a new pastor is called. You will learn to assist the congregation to address ecumenically recognized interim developmental tasks:
- coming to terms with history;
- shifts in leadership;
- rethinking denominational linkages;
- discovering a new identify;
- and commitment to new pastoral leadership and a new future.
Discover how the interim minister, providing basic pastoral leadership, enters a congregation quickly, assesses needs, assists the congregation, then slips away–likely to another interim position.
Need more info? Call us at (505) 685 – 4333 ext 4152
Three ways to register:
- Download printable registration form and mail to: Ghost Ranch Registrar, HC77 Box 11, Abiquiu, NM 87510. OR scan and email your completed form to: [email protected]
- Register by telephone at 877-804-4678, extension 4152 or 4155 — available Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:45 p.m. MST.