Home is a Way of Life: Creating Your Life Without Losing Your Way
- Are you preparing for a coming change in your life?
- Do you question the way things have been in your life up until now?
- Are you ready for a new adventure but want to do it differently this time?
- Have you achieved what you set out to in life but still feel unfulfilled?
In her book, The Wheel of Creativity: Taking Your Place in the Adventure of Life, Katherine Robertson-Pilling describes 12 stations of the creative journey. You might make art or build a business; you might cultivate a garden or nurture a relationship. Life is your most creative process of all.
In the Wheel of Creativity, every creative cycle begins and ends at “Home.” Home is the place in your life where things are familiar, comfortable and stable. It is the place you have to leave to create something new and the place you return to when you’ve completed a creative process.
When we don’t take time out to”get off the wheel”” – to reconnect with our tribes and replenish ourselves – we end up exhausted and depleted. When we become too attached to what we’re creating, we lose our way.
During this week-long immersive retreat at Casa del Sol, Katherine will gently guide you from Home as Status Quo (the way things always were) to Home as Via Vitae (a creative way of life) through the spiritual principles in the Wheel of Creativity. Each day will deepen your experience of Home as a way of life through:
- Learning: Deeper exploration of the spiritual principles of creation in the Wheel of Creativity
- Creative activities: writing, speaking, drawing, movement, and play
- Contemplative practices: yoga, mindfulness, journaling, silence and time in Nature
- Creating community: deliberate and random acts of sharing and caring within the group
How do you honor your creative longings without sacrificing what you hold most dear? How do you define Home for yourself and cultivate it as a way of life?
Replenish your creative spirit through this restorative retreat at Casa del Sol.