Healthy Congregations Facilitator Training
October 6-7, 2016 Leadership
HEALTLHY CONGREGATIONS is a series of six workshops, each five sessions in length, designed by Dr. Peter Steinke to help congregations to move forward in their ministry. HEALTHY CONGREGATIONS are based on Bowen Systems Theory as it applies in understanding how congregations function. This perspective has helped hundreds of congregations understand the dynamics of working together.
By participating in this event you will be able to purchase the materials and to lead the workshops in congregations.
The cost of training includes the facilitator’s manual, the six student’s workshop materials, and two DVD’s.
Specific questions related to the content of the course can be directed to Pastor Roger Schwarze. 651-777-5102 [email protected]
Location: Luther Seminary, Olson Campus Center Auxiliary Dining Room
1490 Fulham Street
St. Paul, MN 55108
Contact Hours: 10
Thursday, 9am-5:30pm – Friday, 9am – 12:30 pm
Pastor Roger Schwarze
Rising Strong in Christ: Cultivating the Spiritual and Emotional Resiliency of Parish Nurses
October 7 – 8, 2016 Parish Nursing
In the work of caring for others, we are acutely aware that attention to self-care is a necessity. Come spend a Friday afternoon/evening and all day Saturday exploring ways to enhance your own emotional and spiritual resiliency. We’ll explore ways to “Say Yes! To what feeds your soul and No! To what steals your joy”. Come and find community and support with other Parish / Faith Community Nurses.
Friday, October 7, 2016
- Spiritual care of our congregants
- Spiritual Direction – a tool for spiritual growth
- What is a Parish Nurse – the 5 Minute Answer!
Saturday, October 8, 2016
- Rising Strong in Christ – A “faith-infused version” of the research of Ted Talk favorite and best-selling author, Dr. Brené Brown. We’ll spend 6 hours with Rev. Sarah Ciavarri, Certified Trainer in Daring Way and Rising Strong, learning how to show up with courage, compassion, and connection everyday so as to enhance our own lives and the lives of others.
- Closing worship – “Rising Strong to Serve”
Experience the fellowship of other parish and faith community nurses. Come to learn and worship in an atmosphere that is welcoming, nurturing, and renewing.
Meals are included.
10 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) are available for this course
Friday, 4-9 p.m.
Saturday, 8 a.m. – 4:20 p.m.
Sarah Ciavarri, Daring Way™ Facilitator-Consultant
Brenda Bauer, Parish Nurse
Karen Treat, Parish Nurse