Are you passionate about ending global hunger? Are you interested in learning about how women play an important role in achieving food security for all?
Canadian Foodgrains Bank is inviting applications for a learning tour to Haiti.
Together, we will meet and learn from women playing important roles in ending hunger and achieving food security in their own communities. We will visit Foodgrains Bank member projects that are working alongside families and communities to promote food security. We’ll also learn about some of the issues around global hunger and poverty, and how Canadians can be more involved.
Upon return to Canada, you’ll be supported in sharing what you’ve learned with your friends, community. You’ll also be given the tools to advocate for ending hunger with elected officials.
The three main goals of our food security learning tours:
- Learning about the causes of, and responses to, global hunger and food security, including the role of women in agriculture;
- Getting to know people, families, partners, and other organizations in Haiti who participate in efforts to improve food security; and
- Equipping participants to share their learning, and to inspire other Canadians to reflect, pray, give, learn, and advocate for an end to global hunger.
Planned visits and activities include*:
- Orientation and introduction to women and food security
- World Renew partner in Haiti – follow up from a previous food assistance project
- Mennonite Central Committee and Presbyterian World Service & Development partners both working on community development and agricultural development
- Related agencies and site visits that help get a better understanding of Haiti
- Tourist visit and debrief in Cotes des Arcadins
Tentative dates are December 5th- 16th, 2018*
How much does it cost?
From $3000 – $3500 (based on similar tours in the past). A $300 deposit will be required to secure a spot on the tour once the application has been approved.
Tour cost includes in-country costs, airfare, visas, and accommodation, and all other expenses EXCEPT travel health consult, vaccinations, incidental costs during international air travel, and any personal gifts.
Who can apply?
Any Canadian adult who has an interest in learning about, and taking action on, global hunger.
Supporters of Canadian Foodgrains Bank, or one of its members, are especially encouraged to apply.
Click here to download the application form. Please complete the form and send it in one of the following ways:
Email as attachment to [email protected]
Mail to: Canadian Foodgrains Bank, Attn: Public Engagement Coordinator | P.O. Box 767 | Winnipeg, MB | R3C 2L4
Apply early as space is limited! Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Applications for this tour will be accepted until October 15th, 2018.
*Subject to change. This webpage will be updated as more details become available.