Emotional Intelligence and Human Relation Skills
July 10-14, 2017 Leadership
This workshop is an intensive, five-day session designed to enable participants to learn about, build and practice emotional intelligence skills in a small-group setting. Skilled facilitators provide tools and feedback to enable participants to learn about themselves and to immediately practice emerging skills. As group life unfolds, participants give and receive feedback regarding the impact they have on others in the group. Participants will learn both interpersonal and intra-group communication skills.
As part of this core event, workshop participants complete a comprehensive self-assessment of their emotional intelligence. They also identify up to 20 people who know them well and are willing to complete the same assessment in order to provide valuable feedback. Participants will receive a detailed, confidential report of their own Emotional Intelligence strengths and development needs.
Emotional Intelligence is the key to improving leadership effectiveness for faith-based leaders. Past participants have described this assessment and the EQ-HR workshop as a life-changing event.
EQ-HR 5-day workshop outcomes:
- Improved awareness of the concepts of emotional intelligence and the impact of emotional intelligence on the participant and all with whom he or she interacts
- Enhanced ability to identify, articulate and reflect on various aspects of working and living in a faith community
- Strengthened understanding of how one is impacted by others in a group and one’s own impact on the group
- Increased skills in pastoral leadership for lay and clergy
- Heightened awareness of the importance of constructive behavioral information about self and others as leaders
- Enhanced awareness of the presence of God’s Spirit in group life and the ability to identify and reflect on that presence
Note: An additional fee of $199 is required for the EQ profile. The EQ staff will contact you directly for this payment. The $199 fee is not refundable once the profile has been scored.
Maximum Enrollment: 13
Contact Hours: 35
- Monday, 2-9 p.m.
- Tuesday-Thursday, 9 a.m.-9 p.m.
- Friday, 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
Susan Marone, MA, LPC, Deacon, serves as Associate to the Bishop of the South Dakota Synod in the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America. She works in the areas of Candidacy for Ministry, Call Process and facilitating Leadership Development. She has been a trainer for the EQ-HR Center since 2013 and presently serves as Chair of the Board of Directors.