This is what the LORD says: “Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls.”
Who Is The Program For?
For women who are intentionally committed to seeking God’s guidance in living out their baptismal call:
- in business or professional careers
- in homemaking
- in lay careers in the church
- in volunteer work
- in missions at home & abroad
- in ordained ministry
- in monastic life
- in the many other ways in which we may serve God
Goals of the Program
The program helps women discern where God may be calling them, through:
- Engaging in classes and discussions about Christian life and vocation.
- Receiving personal guidance in deepening their prayer life.
- Sharing the life of a Christian community committed to a balanced life of prayer, service, study, rest, and recreation.
There is no charge for room and board, but participants contribute to the life of the community by sharing in the Sisters’ work. A tax-deductible donation may be made to the Sisterhood but is not required.
To benefit most fully from the program, participants should commit to staying for the full three and a half weeks.
How To Apply
For more information and an application form, please contact:
Sr. Constance Joanna
St. John’s Convent
233 Cummer Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M2M 2E8
Phone: 416-226-2201, ext. 301
Email: [email protected]
The deadline for all application material is April 1, 2021. Applicants will be notified by April 15, 2021 if they have been accepted.
In choosing participants, we strive for a balance of backgrounds and experience necessary for effective group interaction and community building.
“Women at a Crossroads Program” by Jane Christmas, originally published on the website of the Conference of Anglican Religious Orders in the Americas.