Women at a Crossroads: July 3-26, 2015 • July 15 – August 7, 2016
FOR WOMEN SEEKING DIRECTION IN THEIR LIVES
July 3-26, 2015 / July 15-August 7, 2016
Women at a Crossroads
This 3-1/2 week program, held each summer, is for women who are intentionally committed to seeking God’s guidance in living out their baptismal call — in business or professional careers, in homemaking, in lay careers in the church, in ordained ministry, in life in a religious community, or in the many other ways in which we may serve God.
You may be called to participate in this program if you are interested in:
- sharing in an intentional Christian community
- learning how to live a balanced life of prayer, work, study, rest and recreation
- engaging in classes and discussions about Christian life and vocation
- receiving personal guidance in deepening your prayer life
There is no fee for room and board, but participants contribute to the life of the community by sharing in the Sisters’ work. A monetary contribution (tax deductible) may be made to the Sisterhood.
Participants need to commit to the full four weeks of the program which will give them time to engage more fully with the group process and to gain the maximum benefit from the personal mentoring.
CRITERIA FOR ACCEPTANCE
A person who wishes to apply should be:
- a practising Christian of any denomination;
- actively committed to discerning God’s will in her life;
- willing to give herself to a challenging schedule;
- able and willing to contribute to effective group processes;
- in good physical, mental and emotional health.
All applicants will be notified by April 17, 2015 if they have been accepted for the program.
Application deadline for 2016: April 1, 2016
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION AND APPLICATION FORMS, PLEASE CONTACT:
Secretary to the Reverend Mother
St. John’s Convent
233 Cummer Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M2M 2E8
Phone: 416-226-2201, Ext. 301
Email: [email protected]
See article “Women at a Crossroads Program” by Jane Christmas – here » [published on the CAROA website (Conference of Anglican Religious Orders in the Americas) – A shorter version appeared in Vol.138 No. 10 December 2012 of Anglican Journal, the national newspaper of the Anglican Church of Canada].