The Master of Arts in Theological Studies (MA) is designed as a one-year second degree in theology. It fosters graduate-level competence in theological study, and students may specialize in an original research topic for a thesis.
- The new MA is designed to be one year.
- The MA is a second degree in theology. Students with non-theology degrees in the humanities may still be considered, provided they have sufficient background in theology-related areas.
- The MA is now awarded conjointly with the University of Toronto and features new cohort courses in research and methodology.
- You will acquire graduate-level competence in theological study, and you will specialize in a topic you choose for a thesis.
- There is a “research” option with 6 courses culminating in a thesis, and a “taught” option comprised entirely of courses.
Who’s it For?
- Those who wish to conduct original research in a chosen area and who intend to continue the study of theology academically
- 1 year of full-time study
- No language requirements prior to entry
- Research Option: 6 courses + thesis
- Taught Option: 8 courses
- All students complete core courses in research and methodology.
For more information about this program
How to Apply
Applicants must apply directly to TST, via the application for admission to the Toronto School of Theology.
Please contact TST or our admissions office if you have further questions. We would be glad to assist you.