July 2013 – Six Weeks of Summer: Week 1 is Reunion Week!
- Week 1 is Reunion Week for all former staff, paid or volunteer. If that describes you, sign up for that week and receive a 10% discount on your food, housing, and course fees. Look closely at the leadership and you’ll notice that all our leaders that week were Sorrento staff at some point in their careers!
- Read, Mark, Learn, Inwardly Digest
with Ken Genge: Not many people “read” the Bible these days. The story is fading rapidly in our society. So let’s read again some central stories of the Bible and see what happens… Sunday, June 30 – Saturday, July 6, 2013 – here »
- Learning to Respond to Both the Cries of the Poor
and the Cries of the Earth in Our Midst
with Tony Clarke: Explore the ethical challenges to be faced as humanity moves through the transition from the Industrial Age to the Ecological Age… Sunday, June 30 – Saturday, July 6, 2013 – here »
- Rediscovering Drawing!
with Sue Cruickshank: Why do we leave our drawing skills behind in our childhood? Drawing can be an important form of literacy to be developed further into adulthood… Sunday, June 30 – Saturday, July 6, 2013 – here »
- The Gift of Words (or How to Find a Cathedral in the Snail’s Shell)
with Heather Jessup: Whether you are a secret notebook keeper, a word dabbler, or a published author, this course offers the nourishment, communal campfire, deep breath, and daily inspiration you have been seeking in order to write with attention, dynamism, beauty, and brave perseverance… Sunday, June 30 – Saturday, July 6, 2013 – here »
- 21st Century Pilgrims: Walking on Holy Ground
with Phil Mclntyre-Paul: 5 Inspirational Day Hikes in BC’s Shuswap-Okanagan region – The pilgrimage into creation continues… Sunday, June 30 – Saturday, July 6, 2013 – here »
- Worship and Music: Week One
with worship leader Jody Medicoff and music leaders Shannon and Tyson Kerr: Sunday, June 30 – Saturday, July 6, 2013 – details »
- Typical “Weeks of Summer” daily schedule – here »
- Children’s programming here » / Youth programs here »