Group Spiritual Direction Workshop
Sunday, September 17 (with 6PM dinner) to Wednesday, September 20, 2017 (after lunch)
- Whether you are new to group spiritual direction, wish to explore it further, or are seeking support and guidance for forming a group, please consider joining us for this workshop.
- Experience group spiritual direction within a prayerful community;
- Deepen your contemplative grounding for this prayer practice through authentic sharing and faithful listening;
- Expand your capacity to listen to God on behalf of others;
- Find support for your call and explore ways to develop this ministry in your geographic area;
- Nurture trust and discover how this process can transform the world;
- Spend time in a rural setting with plenty of spaciousness for walking, resting, star gazing and soaking in beauty.
Participants will immerse themselves in spiritual community as they experience group spiritual direction and explore their own call to this ministry. Through experiential learning, presentations, small group gatherings and prayerful silence, participants will steep themselves in the contemplative grounding which is the heart of this ministry. There will be significant time for silence and time for enjoying the rural setting. Presentations will include the themes of: listening, spiritual community and intercessory prayer. Each person will experience and practice a listening/ sharing process that aids depth, trust and healing.
All have practiced and facilitated group spiritual direction for many years and enjoy sharing it with others!
Anne Grizzle, author, spiritual director, social worker, and retreat leader is a graduate of Shalem’s Facilitating Group Spiritual Direction Program.
Marlin Good, spiritual director and retreat leader, is a past participant in Shalem’s Group Spiritual Direction: A Conference and Retreat.
Kim Parker, a spiritual director and workshop leader, is a graduate of Shalem’s Living in God: Personal Spiritual Deepening Program.
Nan Weir, a prayer group and retreat leader, is a graduate of Shalem’s Facilitating Group Spiritual Direction Program and Shalems Transforming Community: Leading Contemplative Prayer Groups & Retreats Program.
Early Bird $475 by 9/7/17
Regular $525 after 9/7/17
Price includes lodging (double room), food, tuition and all materials. There is an extra charge of $200 for a single room. (A special rate of $250 is available for bunk room accommodations and kitchen service. Contact Anne Grizzle at [email protected] if you are interested.)