- Experience group spiritual direction within a prayerful community
- Deepen your contemplative grounding for this prayer practice through authentic sharing and faithful listening
- Expand your capacity to listen to God on behalf of others
- Find support for your call and explore ways to develop this ministry in your geographic area
- Nurture trust and discover how this process can transform the world
- Spend time in a rural setting with plenty of spaciousness for walking, resting, star gazing and soaking in beauty (1500 acres of hilltops, pastures and woods in the Shenandoah Valley).
Participants will immerse themselves in spiritual community as they experience group spiritual direction and explore their own call to this ministry. Through experiential learning, presentations, small group gatherings and prayerful silence, participants will steep themselves in the contemplative grounding which is the heart of this ministry. There will be significant time for silence and for enjoying the rural setting. Presentations will include the themes of: listening, spiritual community and intercessory prayer. Each person will experience and practice a listening/sharing process that aids depth, trust and healing.
|Date:||Sunday, September 21 (with 6 pm dinner) – Wednesday, September 24, 2014 (after lunch)|
|Place:||The Bellfry, 1397 Zollman’s Mill Road, Lexington, VA 24450|
|Leaders:||Anne Grizzle, and Nan Weir|
|Cost:||(Subject to change)
$475 by September 6, 2014
$525 after September 6, 2014
Anne Grizzle author, spiritual director, social worker, retreat leader and a graduate of Shalem’s Facilitating Group Spiritual Direction Program.
Nan Weir retreat leader, graduate of Shalem’s Facilitating Group Spiritual Direction Program.
Both have many years of experience with group spiritual direction and love to share it with others.
To register online, please click here.
To register by mail, click here to download our Short Program Registration Form (PDF).
For directions to the Bellfry, please click here.