Glory To God Hymnal Course
Glory to God: A theological and musical journey through the new Presbyterian hymnal
Join hymnal editor, David Eicher, Office of Theology and Worship associate David Gambrell, and music associate Amy Simpson for a week with the new hymnal, Glory to God. We will explore the biblical, theological, musical, and liturgical dimensions of this new collection of congregational song. Sessions will be organized around the structure of the hymnal, and will include:
- an overview of the theological vision and ‘plot line’ of the hymnal, and insight into the process that led to the creation of this new resource for congregational song;
- God’s mighty acts (part one of the hymnal), including “The Triune God,” “Creation and Providence,” “God’s Covenant with Israel,” “Jesus Christ,” “The Gift of the Holy Spirit,” “The Church, “The Life of the Nations,” “Christ’s Return and Judgment,” and “A New Heaven and Earth”;
- the church at worship (the central part of the hymnal), including Gathering, Confession and Forgiveness, the Word, Prayer, Baptism, Lord’s Supper, and Sending; we will also explore the service music of the new hymnal; and
- our response to God (part two of the hymnal), including “Praising the Triune God” (adoration, thanksgiving, celebrating time), “Joining in the Spirit’s Work” (dedication and stewardship, discipleship and mission, justice and reconciliation) and “Hoping for Christ’s Return” (lament and longing, living and dying, trusting God’s promises).
Be prepared to sing! Morning sessions will offer an abundance of musical examples and evening sessions will feature festivals of song. Evening sessions will offer Ranch-Wide Hymn Festivals.
Please note that our workshop price structure packages your tuition, course materials, lodging and meals together in a single rate. Prices are presented for each of the types of lodging available for the workshop you select. All rates are Per Person, Double Occupancy unless otherwise specified.
Single Occupancy: Single occupancy rooms may be reserved for an additional $50 per night when space is available. The fee will be charged when space is confirmed. Single occupancy lodging is generally not available during June and July. If you are a single person and do not specify a roommate, a roommate of the same gender will be assigned to share your lodging space or you can request the single occupancy and be charged the supplement of an additional $50 per night (based on availability).
For more information or if you would like to attend this workshop, but do not need lodging, please call the Registrar’s Office at either 505.685.1001 or 505.685.1017 Monday-Saturday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p. m. (MST).
Three ways to register:
- Download printable registration form and mail to: Ghost Ranch Registrar, HC77 Box 11, Abiquiu, NM 87510. OR scan and email your completed form to: [email protected]
- Register by telephone at 505.685.1001 or 505.685.1017 or toll-free at 877.804.4678, ext. 4155 or ext. 4121 — available Monday-Saturday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. MST.