Fifth Week of Summer: August 3-8, 2015
- Short week due to the Civic Holiday begins Monday.
- 21st Century Pilgrims: Walking on Holy Ground – 4 Inspirational Day Hikes in BC’s Shuswap region – Four day hikes – little pilgrimages – draw wisdom from naturalists, poets, rascals and saints as we consider our relationship within the natural world and a viable place within God’s ecology. Each hike is framed in the simple form of contemplative prayer, reflection, and sharing along the trail that has come to mark the 21st Century Pilgrims series – with Phil McIntyre-Paul / Week 5 August 3-August 8, 2015 – more info here »
- Welcoming the Child: Godly Play as a Spiritual Practice and Tool of Renewal – Explore what the transformation of the children’s ministry might mean to you and your congregation. Learn how to establish a Godly Play environment, strengthen classroom management skills, deepen your understanding of the spirituality of children and reconnect with the glorious, playful wisdom of the child within as you experience the joy of God’s presence – with Anne Clark / Week 5 August 3-August 8, 2015 – more info here »
- Draw, Design, Paint on Canvas on CANVAS !! – Watercolour and Mixed Media – after a review of basic watercolour techniques, through a series of fun exercises, you will design a completed masterpiece or two, ready to hang, by the end of the week! all levels – with Karin Huehold / Week 5 August 3-August 8, 2015 – more info here »
- Move to Learn, Learn to Move – The Anat Baniel Method ? is a science-based approach that transforms lives; helping people move beyond pain and limitation while enhancing physical, cognitive, and creative performance. Gentle, innovative movement increases strength, flexibility, and vitality – with Phoebe MacRae / Week 5 August 3-August 8, 2015 – more info here »
- R&R Rest & Relaxation option – If you want to be self-directed in your time at Sorrento Centre, please sign up for the Rest and Relaxation option – more info here »
- Week 5 Worship & Music – Chris is the Rector at Holy Trinity Anglican and Archdeacon for Congregational Development in Edmonton. Elisabeth practices family Medicine and Maternity while serving as an Honorary Assistant at Holy Trinity Riverbend. Both are interested in renewal of worship and interactive worship – with Elisabeth Thompson and Chris Pappas / Week 5 August 3-August 8, 2015 – more info here »