Quiet Saturday and/or Sunday: Celtic Knots
Celtic Knots: Playful Doodles, Surprising Insights
Since early childhood, you have held the 3-step key to drawing Celtic knots: a dot, a line, and a square. They are all you need to start.
Step by easy step, you will learn to build these into something beautiful and complex, like the remarkable designs of antiquity and Celtic monastic culture.
The way complexity evolves from simplicity is a process built into the universe – you were once 2 cells, and look at you now! Knots are similar.
The Saturday introduction will establish ease and familiarity with a basic repertoire. Sunday’s workshop will explore more complex variations based on the simple step approach. Come either day or both.
Led by Brian Dench, author of The Knotty Book, a graphic designer and former president of the Calligraphic Arts Guild of Toronto.
- Saturday, February 6 and/or Sunday, February 7, 2016
- Each day begins at 9:30 am with gathering for coffee and ends at 4 pm.
- Fee $25 per day ($15 for Associates and Oblates) if you bring a bag lunch. A hot meal is an additional $15.
- Fee for staying overnight (including meals) and attending both sessions is $125.
- Registration deadline: January 30, 2016
- Registration here »
Materials: Please bring blank paper, pencils, a fine tip black marker pen(s) and colour markers or pencils (not wet paints). Tracing paper will be helpful particularly on Sunday.
Links: Here are some web collections of links to tease your curiosity: