You are warmly invited to engage an online learning experience around key topics and themes in worship and the Christian life at the Calvin Symposium on Worship: January 6-26, 2021. Join with participants from around the world through online media to learn and connect together. The online Symposium features flexible learning options available to all people regardless of their location.
Online experience available January 6–26, 2021
This online experience is designed for students and learners of all ages: faculty, artists, musicians, pastors, scholars, teachers, worship leaders and planners, and all other interested worshipers around the world.
Access to the following options:
- On-demand viewing (access at your own pace and time frame)
- Topical video panels featuring key themes in public worship and the Christian life
- A podcast series featuring interviews with worship leaders and authors of recent books and resources on topics related to the life of the church
- A Psalm Gallery featuring a curated psalm experience through song, prayer, art, and drama
- Articles to download related to the topics and themes
- Livestream learning and worship
- Webinars with panelists and authors on key topics in worship and the Christian life
- Worship service broadcasts from across North America and around the world
- A closing worship service on January 26 featuring a virtual choir (A sign-up form to participate will be posted.)
Our gift to you in 2021
There is no fee to access the Calvin Symposium on Worship, but you must register in order to engage the on-demand content and livestream sessions. The website will be updated in the months ahead with more content information and panelist-participant names and bios. Registration opens this fall.
Sponsored by the Calvin Institute of Christian Worship at Calvin University and the Center for Excellence in Preaching at Calvin Theological Seminary.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Will there be an in-person conference in January held at Calvin University and Calvin Theological Seminary in Grand Rapids?
No. Due to the uncertainty and risks associated with COVID-19, we are offering an online experience only. While we will miss the in-person gathering, we are excited to reach many more people through the online experience.
Q: Will anyone participate from the Calvin campus?
No. The 2021 Calvin Symposium on Worship is designed to be fully online. We will not hold sessions or worship services on campus.