Ghost Ranch Abiquiu and Santa Fe
Contact Info: Santa Fe
Ghost Ranch Santa Fe
401 Old Taos Highway
Santa Fe, NM 87501
About Us: History
Ghost Ranch was given by Arthur and Pheobe Pack to the Presbyterian Church in 1955. The 21,000 acres that comprise Ghost Ranch were part of a land grant to Pedro Martin Serrano from the King of Spain in 1766. The grant was called Piedra Lumbre (shining rock). The name “Ghost Ranch”, or the local name Rancho de los Brujos, was derived from the many tales of ghosts and legends of hangings in the Ranch’s history.
For over forty years the Church, the staff, the National Ghost Ranch Foundation and many friends and supporters have built the programs, facilities and grounds into a nationally known study and conference center.
The famous artist spent her first summer at Ghost Ranch in 1934 later purchasing a home first at Ghost Ranch and then Abiquiu. Ghost Ranch was the inspiration for many of her paintings. To learn more please visit the website.
Education and Retreat Center offering many programs and seminars on both campuses
For a printed program catalog or program information by e-mail visit the website.
For more information please visit the website.