Who we are
Church Army is a society of evangelists with the Anglican Communion, which works to enable people to come to a living faith in Jesus Christ.
Church Army has been at the heart of evangelism within the established church since 1882. It was then that Revd Wilson Carlile, a young curate at St Mary Abbots Kensington, founded Church Army to take the good news of Jesus Christ to those people who would not normally have had contact with the Church. Wilson Carlile was also keen to encourage other Christians to so the same. This has been Church Army’s goal ever since.
Wilson Carlile Campus is Church Army’s Lifelong Learning and Conference Facility. We are home to:
• The Wilson Carlile College of Evangelism
• The Sheffield Centre – Church Army’s Research Unit
• The Church Army Staff Development Service – Resourcing Learning & Discovery
• The Wilson Carlile Library & Learning Resource Centre
• Sodexho Conference and Events
For more information please visit the website.