September 9-11, 2013
School of Christian Vocation and Mission at Princeton Theological Seminary
The Urban Ministry Conference is a gathering of pastors and congregational leaders engaged in urban ministry, or discerning their vocation to urban ministry. Participants will gather in a peer learning environment to be able to articulate the challenges and skill sets needed for an effective Christian engagement in urban contexts. Interacting with seasoned urban practitioners and thinkers, the goal of this program is to:
- Be a space for discernment for engagement in urban ministry
- Provide for a better articulation of challenges of the urban setting and Christian ministry
- Be a space of renewal and encouragement for those engaging urban contexts
- Develop Location/Landscape analysis skills
- Provide for fellowship and networking
The Rev. Dr. Bill Golderer, Pastor, Arch Street Presbyterian Church, Philadelphia
Convener, Broad Street Ministry, Philadelphia
The Rev. Karen Hernández-Granzen, Pastor, Westminster Presbyterian Church, Trenton, NJ
Co-Moderator, Urban Mission Cabinet, Chaplain/Coordinator, Bethany House of Hospitality, New Brunswick Presbytery
Cost and Registration
The program costs $200, which includes tuition, refreshments, and meals. Group rate is $155 per person, for three or more. Please read the registration and cancellation policy, and then click here to register.
You may download a complete schedule in pdf format here.
Please feel free to e-mail the School of Christian Vocation and Mission with comments or questions.