This weekend program will introduce the gentle healing art of Therapeutic Touch which is having a world-wide impact by profoundly enhancing the quality of nurturing care from birth to death.
Participants will be learn Therapeutic Touch as developed by Dolores Krieger, PhD, RN and Dora Kunz including its history theory, concepts, basic assumptions and various applications. Participants will have the opportunity to practice Therapeutic Touch with supervision and feedback. The scientific basis for Therapeutic Touch and research that supports its practice will be examined, as well as the ethics behind the use of this modality.
On completion of this program the participants will be able to:
- Describe and define Therapeutic Touch
- Describe and define the intention of the practitioner for all Therapeutic Touch Sessions
- Describe and define the place of Therapeutic Touch in today’s Western medical model: distinguish between “curing” and “healing”, distinguish between “alternative, “complementary” and integrative” therapies
- Describe the history, basic assumptions and premises of Therapeutic Touch
- Discuss the optimal characteristics of a practitioner
summarize a minimum of two Therapeutic Touch research findings
- Discuss the effects of Therapeutic Touch on the client and practitioner
- Demonstrate relaxation techniques, such as “mindful breathing”
- Identify centering as the point of entry to Therapeutic Touch
- Identify the benefits of the centered state of consciousness
- Demonstrate a Therapeutic Touch Session with a focus on: centering, assessment/scanning, rebalancing- grounding, clearing/unruffling and reassessment and ending
- Experience Therapeutic Touch as both client and practitioner
- Describe the ethical principles and conduct inherent to the practice of Therapeutic Touch
- Explain the value of completing a case study (optional in Level 1)
Leadership: Regina Sheere – Therapeutic Touch TM Practitioner, Teacher Level 1
Regina Sheere is a recognized Therapeutic Touch practitioner and teacher Level 1 and is a member in good standing with the Therapeutic Touch Network of Ontario (TTNO). She has also achieved her second degree Reiki certification. Currently she has a private practice and volunteers in her community.
In 2004 Regina integrated her extensive knowledge base in healing practices, self healing and complimentary medicines founded on her Therapeutic Touch and Reiki education and experience. Expanded by her participation in dream analysis with VJ Houseman, guided silent retreats at Five Oaks Retreat Centre and Therapeutic Touch mentors Barbara Janelle, Jitka Malec, and Carol Wray. As a result she co-created a one day retreat for women: “Dance Your Sacred Rhythm, Surrender to Self” The success of the retreat led to the launch of SheereSource in 2005. Her workshop on Dance has been presented at a retreat for Therapeutic Touch at Five Oaks in June of 2008 at Five Oaks and at the Therapeutic Touch Conference in November 2008 in Toronto. The annual retreat for Therapeutic Touch Practitioners at Five Oaks continues to keep her busy with meditations, dance and registration of participants. Other workshops have included
Regina Sheere’s life experience has been challenging, rewarding and diverse. She has lived and worked in Germany and across Canada. Her interests include horses, dogs and cats grounded in the studies of Life Science Research at Seneca College of Applied Arts and Technology that included biology, chemistry mathematics, microbiology and later expanded by TherapeuticTouch for animals.
Regina Sheere, is a native of Germany, Canadian Citizen and is a former resident of Hamburg, Calgary and Toronto. She currently lives near London in Glencoe Ontario with her husband and has one daughter and son-in-law and one granddaughter.
Therapeutic Touch Level 1 Certificate
End: Jan 27, 2013 @ 12:30 PM
includes meals and accommodation.
Please note that the program begins with supper on Friday and ends with lunch on Sunday.