Retreat: Advent Quiet Day
Advent Quiet Day
Saturday, December 1, 2018
Have you ever wondered why, to save us from ourselves, our almighty God would choose to become a helpless infant, dependent in every way?
In the course of this Advent Quiet Day we will explore how this remarkable vulnerability is revealed in the Incarnation and how we, as human beings on a spiritual journey, are called to live into this vulnerability in order to come closer to God and to deepen our relationships with each other.
Led by Sister Susanne Prue, S.S.J.D.
- Begins 9:30 am with a gathering for coffee; ends 4 pm.
- Fee $30 if you bring a bag lunch ($25 for Associates and Oblates). A hot meal is an additional $15.
- Registration deadline: November 25, 2018.
- Registration here »
- All retreats and quiet days at St. John’s Convent take place in the milieu of a contemporary monastic community which has a daily rhythm of prayer. All guests are invited to take part in the daily Eucharist, and those staying overnight may like to join us in the Divine Office (Morning Prayer, Evening Prayer, and Compline).
- See the regular chapel and meal schedule here »