Retreat: A Celtic Well of Wisdom
A Celtic Well of Wisdom
Friday – Sunday, November 2 – 4, 2018
A weekend retreat drawing from the Celtic well of wisdom, a spirituality for today inspired by great teachers in the Celtic world, from as early as Ireland’s 5th-century St Brigid of Kildare to France’s 20th century’s prophet of earth-consciousness, Pierre Teilhard de Chardin.
The retreat will consist of presentations by John Philip Newell (the Friday evening lecture being open to the public) followed by times of meditation and small-group sharing.
Led by John Philip Newell, the celebrated author of Listening for the Heartbeat of God: A Celtic Spirituality, who is one of the most prominent Christian teachers of spirituality in the Western world.
Born in Canada, educated in Scotland, formed by years of leadership on the Holy Island of Iona, he now lives in Edinburgh and teaches internationally – see www.heartbeatjourney.org
- Arrivals and registration 2-4 pm Friday; ends 1:30 pm Sunday.
- Fee $350; deposit $50.
- Registration deadline: October 19, 2018.
- Full payment must be made by October 19, 2018.
- Registration here »
- LECTURE & BOOK-SIGNING – Those who are not able to attend the retreat may come to the evening lecture at 7 pm on Friday, November 2, 2018, followed by a reception and book signing. The cost is $25.
- All retreats and quiet days at St. John’s Convent take place in the milieu of a contemporary monastic community which has a daily rhythm of prayer. All guests are invited to take part in the daily Eucharist, and those staying overnight may like to join us in the Divine Office (Morning Prayer, Evening Prayer, and Compline).
- See the regular chapel and meal schedule here »