This is what the LORD says: "Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls.” - Jeremiah 6.16
WHO IS THE PROGRAM FOR?
For women who are intentionally committed to seeking God’s guidance in living out their baptismal call:
- in business or professional careers,
- in homemaking,
- in lay careers in the church,
- in volunteer work,
- in missions at home & abroad,
- in ordained ministry,
- in monastic life,
- or in the many other ways in which we may serve God.
GOALS OF THE PROGRAM
The program assists women to discern where God may be calling them, through:
- Sharing the life of a Christian community committed to a balanced life of prayer, service, study, rest and recreation.
- Engaging in classes and discussions about Christian life and vocation.
- Receiving personal guidance in deepening their prayer life.
- Vocation and Discernment
- Contemplative Prayer
- Journaling and Awareness Reflection
- Prayer and Art
- Prayer Walking and Labyrinth
- Anglican Rosary
CRITERIA FOR ACCEPTANCE
A person who wishes to apply should be:
- a practising Christian of any denomination;
- actively committed to discerning God’s will in her life;
- willing to give herself to a challenging schedule;
- able and willing to contribute to effective group processes;
- in good physical, mental and emotional health.
WHAT DOES A DAY LOOK LIKE?
- Individual quiet time
- Morning prayer together
- Class time
- Personal time (resting, walking, reading)
- Some manual work
- Study time
- Meeting with your mentor
- Evening Prayer together
- Supper Dishes and clean-up
- Compline (night prayer)
- Quiet time
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION AND APPLICATION FORM, CONTACT:
St. John’s Convent
233 Cummer Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M2M 2E8
Phone: 416-226-2201, Ext. 301
Email: [email protected]
- Deadline for all application material: April 1, 2020.
- In choosing participants, we strive for a balance of background and experience necessary for effective group interaction and community building.
- Applicants will be notified by April 15, 2020 If they have been accepted.
- See Crossroads brochure here »