The Next Christianity By Hugh McCullum

The Next Christianity    By Hugh McCullum       By way of context, perhaps it would help you to know where I am coming from to say that 10 years ago I was creeping around the literally blood-soaked streets of Kigali, Rwanda in a decrepit armoured personnel carrier – all the … Continue reading “The Next Christianity By Hugh McCullum”

Dance of prayer and praise: kneel or stand? By Pat Royalty

Dance of prayer and praise: kneel or stand?   By Pat Royalty       [Episcopal News Service] I must admit to a certain level of annoyance when, a few years ago, the recommendation came saying that what we had been doing in the church was (again) to be undone. Now we were … Continue reading “Dance of prayer and praise: kneel or stand? By Pat Royalty”

Consider facts about proposed covenant, not myths By James Stockton

Consider facts about proposed covenant, not myths   By James Stockton     [Episcopal News Service] Regarding the idea of a proposed Anglican covenant, it bears repeating that the assumption that our “Anglican roots” involve “re-affirming together the essential doctrines of Christianity” is thoroughly mistaken. Yes, there are roots in the Church of England, … Continue reading “Consider facts about proposed covenant, not myths By James Stockton”

The Curious Case of Galileo Galilei (in which he does not go to jail) By Karl E. Johnson

The Curious Case of Galileo Galilei (in which he does not go to jail)   By Karl E. Johnson     Last week, the Niels Stensen Foundation, a Jesuit study center in Florence, Italy, convened a conference entitled “The Galileo Affair” to show how recent research “might alleviate the ‘tension and conflict’ still … Continue reading “The Curious Case of Galileo Galilei (in which he does not go to jail) By Karl E. Johnson”

Joining God’s mission By Ian T. Douglas

Joining God’s mission   Achieving the MDGs: Why should we care?    By Ian T. Douglas   [Episcopal Life] Too often we Christians working to help achieve the Millennium Development Goals neglect to name our motivation: Our faith in Jesus Christ and in God’s saving work in the world, God’s mission. We … Continue reading “Joining God’s mission By Ian T. Douglas”