Meriline, Nepean, K2E 1B1, ON Canada
The purpose of AFP Canada
The Anglican Fellowship of Prayer (Canada) is a part of the International Anglican Fellowship of Prayer (AFP). The Purpose of AFP is to:
- 1. Promote the practice of Christian prayer by all
- 2. Encourage prayer for lay people, Bishops and other clergy of the Christian Church with particular emphasis on the worldwide Anglican Communion
- 3. Bring people into a full redeeming, sanctifying communion with God through Jesus Christ, emphasizing to the parish church this is the main function from which all other work of the church in the world is derived
- 4. Be a uniting force in the Church
- 5. Reach out to all Christians at the grass-roots level through the common experience of one Lord through prayer, dialogue, workshops and conferences
AFP (Canada) exists to encourage and enable the ministry of prayer in Canada. It is inclusive of all forms of expressions of Christian church life, whether they be lay or clerical, catholic or evangelical, monastic or secular, formal or informal. AFP (Canada) seeks to be a teaching resource to assist both individuals and congregations to grow in the life of prayer. It seeks to increase and strengthen the companionship of Christian prayer throughout the world.
For more information please visit the website.