Ignatian Training Program in Spiritual Direction & Retreat Ministry
October 2, 2017 @ 4:30 pm - December 8, 2017 @ 8:00 am
Our major training program in giving the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius is now a Three-Phase Program.
Each phase is an entity in itself. Candidates apply for each successive phase separately upon successful completion of the previous phase.
Phase One includes:
- the 40-Day Institute (the 30-Day Spiritual Exercises preceded by five Disposition Days of silent preached retreat; includes daily meeting with a spiritual director, followed by five Appropriation Days of reflection on the experience of making the Exercises)
- Approximately four weeks of seminars and study of Spiritual Direction and the Spiritual Exercises.
Phase One is an intensive educational experience, not a practicum in Spiritual Direction.
- Successful participation in at least one individually directed 8-day retreat
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Completion of each phase or appropriate equivalent prior to acceptance into the next phase
- Obtain an application package from the Registrar or by calling 519.824.1250 ext. 266.
- Complete and return the entire application and a non-refundable application fee of $100 CDN by August 1. Note: If you reside outside Canada or the USA, we advise you to apply by May 1 and immediately begin process to obtain a visa.
- Payment can be made by cash, cheque in Canadian funds payable to Ignatius Jesuit Centre, VISA – Mastercard, or online.
- The complete application will be assessed by the Acceptance Committee. Applicants may be asked for a telephone interview.