Narrative Lectionary Workdays
July 24-25, 2017 Bible
Narrative Lectionary Workdays are designed for those who are using the Narrative Lectionary beginning in fall 2017 through spring 2018.
- An overview of the major themes in the 2017-2018 Narrative Lectionary readings
- An introduction to the One-Story-Integrated approach to worship and education, unifying and integrating church life around the Narrative Lectionary
- Insight on storytelling and teaching biblical narratives
- Imaginative ways to preach narrative texts and connect with peoples’ lives
- Practical resources for the Narrative Lectionary planning
Leaders both new and currently following the Narrative Lectionary are encouraged to register for this class; links to videos introducing the Narrative Lectionary and preaching narrative texts are available at www.workingpreacher.org/narrativefaq.
Contact Hours: 9
Monday, 1-4 p.m.
Tuesday, 9 a.m. 4 p.m.
- Karl Jacobson, Teaching Pastor, Lutheran Church of the Good Shepherd, Minneapolis, Minn.
- Rolf Jacobson, Professor of Old Testament and The Alvin N. Rogness Chair of Scripture, Theology and Ministry, Luther Seminary
- Heather Roth Johnson, Pastoral Intern and Director of Children & Family Ministry, Lutheran Church of the Good Shepherd, Minneapolis, Minn.
- Mary Pechauer, Interim Senior Pastor, First Lutheran Church, Columbia Heights, Minn.