By ACNS staff
[Anglican Communion News Service] The Anglican Communion Office has published its first ever Annual Review that reports on its work for the Anglican Communion during 2011.
The ACO officially exists as the permanent secretariat for the Instruments of Communion: the Lambeth Conference, the Primates’ Meeting and the Anglican Consultative Council. Staff based in London and other parts of the world, however, do more than people might imagine in support of the Anglican Communion.
Highlights in the 2011 report include:
- Facilitating consultations on relief, development and advocacy in Africa, the Pacific, Latin America and the Caribbean;
- Supporting Anglicans in Zimbabwe and other places where Christians are persecuted;
- Facilitating conversations across difference between dioceses around the world;
- Supporting Anglican networks involved with such issues as the environment, the family, health, and Anglican youth;
- Supporting Anglican Communion members involved in church growth, evangelism, and inter faith work.
“More than 20 staff from countries including Colombia, Japan, Wales, Zambia and Canada work out of the London office–as well as locations including New York, Geneva, Kenya and Brazil–to support the members of the Anglican Communion as they carry out their part in God’s mission,” said Director for Communications, Mr Jan Butter.
“It’s a particular privilege to be able to connect with all parts of the Anglican Communion and to learn how Anglicans and Episcopalians are sharing God’s Kingdom with their local communities. And it’s great to think that we have a part to play in supporting that.”
He added, “We hope that members of the Anglican Communion enjoy learning more about our work over the last year, and that the Review gives them more of an insight into what staff here do to serve the global fellowship of Anglicans and Episcopalians.”
To read the Annual Review online visit http://bit.ly/NoqODi
Episcopal News Service, July 12, 2012
Tags: Anglican Communion
, Anglican Consultative Council
, Annual Review
, Instruments of Communion
, Jan Butter
, Lambeth Conference
, Primates’ Meeting
Leave a Reply